Pages

Friday 3 June 2011

Using different Medias


Throughout my work, i have done alot of design work which only conisted of a fine liner and collouring felts tips. I wanted to expand my work by adding an artistic touch by drawing my structure in different forms and medias. i feel this will create a different view point of my designs. 

This image was drawn with HB pencils, i wannt to create a piece which was very sharp and bold to really stand out. The outlines of the structure overlap each other because i still wanted to keep sketchy design feel.  The bold, sharp shadows bring the image forward and look very abstract. 


This image was of my previous design, This was drawn by a fine line and a ruler. I wanted to create a detailed drawing which would give an idea of how this structure might of looked like.  I feel that the lined patterns create a very nice wooden texture against the bold white surfaces. If i was to go back to this piece as edit it, i would use colour to make the image feel more realistic.

This image  is an abstract design of my sculpture which i crafted onto photo paper. I wanted to represent how my structure would look in different environments. I used 3 photos of different places in colchester which then i overlapped   each other. Then using a crafting knife, i cut out my abstract design and then used a marker pen to fill in some shading.
I really love the way the design stands out from the photos and creates a very abstract image.



This image is very precise drawing of my final model outcome. This way drawn with a HB pencil and graphic colored pencils.  This images a good description of how the model would look like once it had been constructed. The angle of how the design has been drawn gives a good indication  of its physical design. The colours which i have used creates a cool, modern feel which has been created by the blues and greys.   




This piece was drawn with graphic pens in a sketchy and rough style. By how i have drawn the lines very scribbley and fast, i feel that it gives the image are very energetic and flowing style.
I feel that the bold outline of the drawing really brings the image forwards and looks very good on a white background. The blues and purples i have used gives the structure a modern feel to it.  

In this image, i wanted to experiment with my structure and turn it into an object which doesn't end.
What i have done is drawn out the sculpture and then drawn out the ends into a continuous loop.
i really enjoy  this image as its interesting and mind puzzling. I  have given the image a lot of tone and depth which creates a 3d effect on the image.


In these next two images, i really wanted to create a futuristic and modern effect  which would reflect on my sculpture.  by creating a futuristic effect, i decided to drawn a circular pattern which was constructed out of  multiple lines which overlapped each over. This create some sort of a graphical vortex  which had a checkered pattern. I then drew my sculpture over the top of this vortex using blue graphic pencil, reason why i didn't use a black pen is because it would make the image too bold and not blend in with the vortex drawing. BY what i have produced i feel that i create my desired outcome which is a futuristic and modern effect.    I would like to expand on this by using different scales and colour themes.


This is was made out of materials rather than drawing. The materials i used was a red fabric sheet which had a very nice white stringy pattern and electrical tape. I used the electrical tape to create shadow on the structure and used the red felt to  make the light areas of the structure.  not only this image as turned out good by using other materials, it also creates a very textured surface and feel to it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment