Pages

Thursday 2 June 2011

Jim Sanborn

Jim Sanborn has had work exhibited at the High Museum of Art, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the Phillips Collection and the Hirshhorn Museum. He has been commissioned to create artwork for such sites as the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the Central Intelligence Agency and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

Mr. Sanborn is noted for his work with American stone and related materials that evoke a sense of mystery and the forces of nature. He is probably best known for the "Kryptos" sculpture installed at CIA Headquarters in 1990, which displays encrypted messages which continue to stump code-breakers to this day.

 i really enjoy these pieces of work by how the projections  make the building seem more unique and spectacular. The projections on the second image almost  make the surrounding buildings look ancient.



  Lux, 2001


  A Comma, A, 2004

Below are my favorite pieces of work created by sanborn, it reminds me of my earlier work with my cube construction. The projected lines on the cliffs  are similar to my construction lines on my work.
 My current work is similar as well by the use of lines, My work has alot of lines which form frids and other patterns.   





Longsturn County Cork, Ireland, 1997



No comments:

Post a Comment