Pages

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Design museum Vist

During The weekend , i managed to go visit the design museum in London. the museum had a range of architectural  models which helped me with my research and design ideas. 

The design was of a barn house which balanced over edge of a hill. The barn model shows that one end of the barn was anchored into the ground which gave support from not tipping over.






This structure which was constructed out of canvas and concrete. The designers of the model were able to build a bif igloo type structure which was extremely strong and easy to build.  This idea would be idea for me to use if my project was a temporary. 








This model is of a building which is expose to be a landmark in a city. I really like how this model has been professional made out wood. The model was very detailed and provided a good image of what the building looked like if it was to become real.  Due to my current skills , i am unable to build a model as good as this. 






This piece is of a design idea for  LED lighting.  The light is made up of LEDS which provide an intense light.  this design to me looks alike a solar panel and  it looks very modern, This idea could be used within my project.

This piece was of wall textures and how it could transform the walls of a building. I really liked the small spiked wall as it gave the properties of a cold and hard wall. Infact the wall was made from foam which was very soft and able to resist against damage.  This could be and idea to use within my design. 





These  strange looking rings are LEDS,  I really enjoyed looking at this piece as the leds would randomly change colour every soo often. I love how the bars have been looped around each other  as if it was like chain.  i will be most definitely be considering these LEDS within my design as they look very modern and abstract.  





I wasnt to sure  what this piece was about but however it gave me a good idea of how to create a good backdrop. Each building and billboard on this model was stuck onto a wooden frame which supported the backdrop. each piece was placed together to make a city landscape.










This was my most favioute model in the museum. This model was a social space which was constructed out of sellotape! masses of sellotape were wrapped around a steel structure which created a webbed looking tunnel, This tunnel was a big seating area for people, These tunnel climbed up the steel structure and looped around. I was very fascinated by this model.  i will try and somehow try and take some of its properties and combine it with my design.


























No comments:

Post a Comment