Pages

Thursday 10 February 2011

Car sketches







Theses are a few quick 30 second sketches of cars ive done in the college car park. These cars where drawn to link into my car intervention project. the whole idea of drawing theses cars is to view them as a different form from just transport but instead as art. My intention when drawing these cars was not to  actually draw the car but by drawing very quick lines and shades which then formed the shape of a car.  These drawings remind me of prototype models of cars in development as they are simple and no drawn detail.  



This is a cartoon sketch of a Mclaren , This is non related to my work but i enjoy drawing this style of cars in my free time  

1 comment:

  1. You've got a good hand for sketching cars, man. I kind of get what you mean about seeing them as art. They're like statues - big moving statues that provide different images if seen from different angles. For example, their images have a different feel when parked, and the same can be said when they are on the move.

    - Clint Moore

    ReplyDelete